Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Daytona to Ft. Pierce, Florida




Good Morning to all!


I keep thinking, Who Stole the Sun???Our trip from St.Augustine to Daytona was cold,wet, windy. We dropped anchor just south of one of the Daytona bridges for the nite... What a ride.. but my Captain had us secure with the anchor! Got up the next day and weather was still nasty... Decided to shove off late morning and headed towards Titusville... wish I had more pics to post but not much to see in the wind and rain... although the porpoises and ospreys were plentiful... A few ospreys posed nicely for me , but the porpoises have not been as cooperative.. I'm usually getting their tails!!!


Made it to Titusville just before sunset.. we actually did see the sun poke through the clouds! Still cold and breezy.. We anchored out just across from the Titusville Marina... Not a bad anchorage... to our surprise and delight, we heard chatter on the radio that there may be a rocket launched that nite....NASA did launch one around 8:47 pm.... what an awesome sight!! And then to hear the sonic boom about 3 minutes later... WOW... it was like having front row seats!!!


Next morning we shoved off for Melboure, made it in to anchor again just south of Melbourne's bridge for another good nite of rest...still cool and windy..can't remember the last time I wore shorts and a tee-shirt!


Along the way we pass other cruisers that we have seen at anchor or along the ICW.. The Seaveyor is a little faster than most!! I keep their names and descriptions in my daily journal in hopes to be able to know who they are, etc in the future..


Can not begin to explain to all of you what an adventure this is.. The ICW is challenging! I'm really learning a lot and , well, still have work to do on my knots,but trying to do my part each time we anchor and dock... My Captain runs a , uh, TIGHT ship, ha, if you know what I mean..


But each and every day that I learn something new, I'm proud!!


Woke up to a beautiful sunrise at our anchorage in Melbourne, made a pic and then it turned cloudy again... had a little rain along the way to Ft. Pierce...We decided to dock at Ft.Pierce instead of anchoring out... catch up on emails, etc, provisions, etc....Met a nice cruising couple that were docked next to us and they delighted us with their travels and adventures... It finally felt like Florida last evening...no sweater or jacket!!!!!!!!!!!! Woke up this am to a nice , warm, sunrise... but, alas, it's pouring out as I type this...But it's warm!!!!!!!! and expected to clear up.. We will shove off soon for the Stuart area,it will be a short run... From there... we may cut over or may cut over from Miami.. my Captain is not certain yet....


So, more to come! sorry for sucy lousy pics... But hope to do more in better weather..


More news at 11.............

No comments:

Post a Comment